Please note: This is a NFA-VPS product, please fill in your pet details at checkout so our Veterinary Medicines manager can approve use and avoid the order being delayed. Please click here for the Veterinary Medicines Directorate for further information on this product.
A pale brown to brown, bone shaped tablet scored on both sides for oral administration to dogs. Available in a beef flavour. The tablet can be divided into equal halves -
For the control of the following roundworms and tapeworms in dogs and puppies :
Ascarids : Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina (adult and late immature forms)
Hookworms : Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum (adults)
Whipworms : Trichuris vulpis (adults)
Tapeworms : Echinococcus spp. Taenia spp. and Dipylidium caninum (adult and immature forms)
In this fixed combination product pyrantel and febantel act synergistically against all relevant nematodes (ascarids, hookworms and whipworms) in dogs. In particular, the activity spectrum covers Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum and Trichuris vulpis. Pyrantel acts as a cholinergic agonist. Its mode of action is to induce spastic paralysis and thereby allow removal from the gastro-intestinal (GI) system by peristalsis. The parasite dies upon exhaustion of its energy reserves, which occurs 2-3 days later.Warnings:
- Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds. Consult a veterinary surgeon before treating pregnant animals for roundworms (see also Section 4.3 above). The tablets may be used during lactation (see Section 4.8 below). Do not exceed the stated dosage when treating pregnant bitches. Not for use in dogs weighing less than 3 kg.
- Fleas serve as intermediate hosts for one common type of tapeworm - Dipylidium caninum. Tapeworm infestation is certain to re-occur unless control of intermediate hosts such as fleas, mice etc. is undertaken.
- In the interests of good hygiene, persons administering the tablets directly to a cat, or by adding them to the cat’s food, should wash their hands afterwards.
The recommended dose rates are:15 mg/kg bodyweight febantel,
14.4 mg/kg pyrantel and 5 mg/kg praziquantel. This is equivalent to 1 tablet per 10 kg bodyweight
Puppies and Small Dogs:
3-5 kg bodyweight = ½ tablet
6-10 kg bodyweight 1 tablet
11-15 kg bodyweight = 1 ½ tablets
16-20 kg bodyweight = 2 tablets
21-25 kg bodyweight = 2 ½ tablets
26-30 kg bodyweight = 3 tablets
31-35 kg bodyweight = 3 ½ tablets
36-40 kg bodyweight = 4 tablets
Oral administration, the tablet(s) can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. No need for starvation before or after treatment.
Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be treated at 3 month intervals. It is advisable to treat the bitch at the same time as the puppies. Not for use in dogs weighing less than 3 kg.
For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every 2 weeks until weaning.
For routine control adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. In the event of a heavy roundworm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.Storage:
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Do not remove tablets from strip packaging until required for use.
- Any part used tablets should be discarded.
- Any unused veterinary medicinal products or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.