These diets are formulated to nutritionally manage GI issues and patient recovery. In addition, these formulas help address other indications that may benefit from the nutritional content, plus provide nutrients needed to support overall health and well-being.
• Acute and Chronic Gastroenteritis
• Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
• Small and Large Bowel Diarrhea
• Antibiotic Responsive Diarrhea (ARD)
• Short Bowel Syndrome
• Dietary Indiscretion
MAY ALSO BE PRESCRIBED TO NUTRITIONALLY MANAGE:
• Recovery Conditions
– Intestinal Surgery
– Severe Parasitism
• MOS (mannanoligosaccharides) - binds potentially pathogenic bacteria preventing them from adhering to the intestinal wall and excreting them safely with the faeces*
• Beet pulp - a moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short chain fatty acid (SCFA), which is a preferential energy source for the enterocytes and promotes intestinal health. helps regain optimal stool consistency.
• FOS (fructooligosaccharides) - prebiotics which aid in GI health and help maintain the balance between beneficial andpotentially pathogenic bacteria
• Targeted omega-6: omega-3 fatty acid ratio - helps nutritionally manage inflammation at the cellular level
*Demonstrated in vivo with species other than dog and cat.
NUTRIENTS TO HELP MANAGE OVERALL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
• Vitamin E - an antioxidant to help maintain a strong immune system
• High quality animal-based protein - aids in recovery and overall health and well-being
• DHA - an omega-3 fatty acid to enhance cognition for a smart, trainable puppy