Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline Tender Chunks in Gravy with Salmon Cat Pouches.
Made to effectively maintain a healthy urinary tract and reduce the risk that stones will re-occur after dissolution.
- Reduced magnesium, phosphorus and calcium to decrease urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents.
- Controlled sodium to help maintain healthy kidney function.
- Added citrate forms soluble complexes with calcium to reduce calcium oxalate formation.
- PH 6.2 - 6.4 to discourage the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals.
- Pouches for increased water content in food, which dilutes the constituents of all uroliths.
- Five formulas to choose from: Two flavours in pouches, cans and two flavours in dry.
- Added vitamin E beta-carotene to help neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis.
- No added vitamin C as it is a precursor of oxalate.
Not recommended for Kittens
- Initial nutritional management of cats with any type of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including crystalluria and/or urolithiasis from any cause, urethral plugs and idiopathic cystitis
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to: Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate crystals and uroliths, Urethral plugs, Idiopathic FLUTD.
Pregnant or lactating queens Additional information
Clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 14 days.
Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d Multicare Feline.
Monitor the urine, to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained, and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other products to consider
To dissolve larger or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet s/d Feline.For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet k/d Feline.If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet k/d FelineFor overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD: Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie
Chicken liver, pork, chicken, salmon (4%), vegetable protein concentrate, tapioca starch, maize starch, wheat flour, vitamins, glucose, dried whole eggs, trace elements, animal protein powder, fish oil, sunflower oil. Coloured with caramel.
|Omega-3 fatty acids||0.22%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||0.79%|
|Vitamin A||17,740 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D||300 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||160 mg/kg|
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
|2||1 1/2 - 2|
|3||2 - 2 2/3|
|4||2 1/2 - 3 1/2|
|5||3 - 4|
|6||3 1/2 - 4 2/3|
|7 +||2/3 per kg|